Autumn is a kick-ass month, here’s why…
Yes it’s getting colder, yes the days are getting shorter and everyone knows that winter is around the corner. And no, we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving or Halloween like our friends across the pond. However, we do have bonfire night and with so much to enjoy this season in the UK, we thought we’d give a rundown of our top 10 reasons autumn is kick-ass!
Leaves possibly should have featured but as you might expect, all list items involve food.
· Soup – classic, frugal, chunky, smooth - make some!
· Parsnips – Ahh how we missed you.
· Slow cooking – Dust off the slow cooker, preheat that oven and get prepared to enjoy the salivating wait of cooking low n slow.
· Tea, coffee & hot chocolate – Any excuse to drink more of the stuff, in any form
· Apples – Crisp, sweet, local, varied and plentiful
· Comfort food – Get cooking some of your favorites, spag bol, lasagna, curry, stews…
· Mulled everything – Don’t resist the urge to warm and spice up your beverage – Just don’t burn the alcohol.
· Pie – We love a good pie, you don’t even have to make the pastry – no one will mind.
· Crumble – Easy and delicious and you’ve probably got some ice cream somewhere in the freezer.
· Pumpkin – After making a poor attempt to artistically carve the poor thing, you will search for a suitable recipe. Lucky for you, there is plenty to inspire you out there.
Take a look at our pintrest page devoted to all things Autumnal.