Food to put a Spring in your step
Can you Adam & eve it, spring is in full swing! Now that we've gotten over the collective clock going forward confusion we can enjoy the brighter evenings and the promise of summer. The feeling of potential in the air is palpable. For us at Secret Service Events this is a particularly special spring. We’ve moved into our shiny new premises. We’re now prepping, in more style, for the busy season ahead; ready to cater some marvellous weddings, parties, corporate and sporting functions.
But before we look too far ahead, let’s enjoy and celebrate what’s in front of us at the moment. We’ve collated some of our favourite Spring ingredients to inspire your menus.
· Crab - Celebration food; Think linguine, chili, salad, pate
· Lamb - Most defiantly a Spring thing.
· Purple sprouting broccoli - Ok so not the sexiest ingredient but it’s beautiful
· Rhubarb - Pink and luscious in desserts of course. Up for a savoury challenge?
· Watercress & Sorrel - A hero in salads, on fish, pesto. Try whilst it’s at its best.
· Passion fruit - A fruity slap around the taste buds!
· Asparagus - Salmon, chicken, lemon, tart, salad… She’s an all-rounder!